SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bulldog7_gw

Starting Problem with Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

bulldog7
14 years ago

I have a 12-year old Husqvarna YTH-180 with 18 HP Kohler Command two-cylinder engine. When I finished mowing the last time I used it, I parked it in my garage and shut off the engine. A lawn service has maintained the yard since then. Now, 18 months later, I can't get the engine to start. First I added fresh fuel. Then I changed the spark plugs. Then I charged the battery. Then I syphoned the tank completely, changed the fuel filter and put in fresh fuel. Still, I can't get it to fire. I'm thinking I have a fuel pump problem as I don't feel any suction when I remove the fuel line from the intake side of the pump, put my finger against the opening and crank the starter. Also, the air bubble in the see-through fuel filter doesn't move when the engine is cranked. My friends are telling me that air in the fuel line is causing the problem and I need to "prime the pump." (Not that I doubt my friends, but I've run out of gas before on this tractor and I've never had to do anything but fill the tank.) Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions