SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bordergal

need new Lawn ot Garden Tractor

bordergal
16 years ago

We have a 45 acre farm so have 2 tractors to do the heavy lifting (Kubota and a Ford). What I need is a LT or GT that will be very, very reliable. I got really tired of dragging my current unit to the repair guy, and now it's toast anyway. I'm willing to spend twice as much for a unit that will last 3 times longer and be ultra reliable and long lasting. In fact, I want this one to go to my grave with me. I am not fussy about placement or type of controls. I am very good about oil changes, filter cleanings and keeping the gas fresh. It is stored under cover...and I don't care what color it is! I'll even pay extra for green if y'all can convince me it's worth it.

Hubby doesn't want to inherit any one else's problems, so would prefer to buy new. (I guess he thinks I'm trouble enough).

Here are the specs: 2 acres which I mow about every 5-7 days for 5 months a year. These are 2 sports fields and our home. Level turf. Extreme maneuverability is not important. I weigh 130 pounds. On occasion the unit will need to pull a broadcast spreader, probably no more than 130 pounds worth, and a 17 cubic foot ag cart filled with clippings. I need to bag the clippings about 25% of the time (so much for the JD X320), and here in the Pacific NW they are often damp, so the unit has to have a heck of a good bagging system.

I have access to John Deere dealers, a Kubota dealer, Sears, Home Depot(mostly Cub Cadet), and Lowes.

All advice appreciated!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!