SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebirdpeony

Need suggestions: new bed available

BlueBirdPeony
11 years ago

Hi, garden friends! I have a new bed available with some unique features. I'm hoping you can help me figure out what to plant. All suggestions welcome.

That's a hand-dug water well from 1878. It is non-operational. We haven't decided what to do about it (new house) other than cover it safely.

Those are walking onions left over from the previous owner. I worked them all summer and couldn't keep up with them. New plants rooted every day. And they stink- like onions. And I don't really like onions. Needless to say, I hate them and am digging them all up ASAP.

Bed is full sun pending any shade created by whatever I plant on the East side. It will surround the well on four sides.

I would like something new. Probably flowers as opposed to a bush or shrub. Dont really care much for succulents. We have all perennials- did not plant a single annual last year. I like bright colors and sweet smells but both characteristics are not required. I don't mind some work, but don't want anything that is super high maintenance. Watering and fertilizing and normal weeding are expected. Bonsai-type trimming would be too much for me.

I'm going to post some shots of other areas of my garden in bloom for your review.

Thanks for reading my long post!!

Comments (9)