SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Wayside Gardens - received my order

mxk3 z5b_MI
13 years ago

If you recall, a while back I was debating ordering "Hilda Niblett" azalea from Wayside because of a lot of negative reviews about the vendor. Well, I decided to go ahead and order anyway, since there was a good price on the website, plus I snagged an internet coupon.

I got the bushes this week and -- WOW! They are gorgeous! Full plants for the pot size, healthy, lush green growth, packaged perfectly. One bush is fuller than the other, but even the smaller one is a good size; the larger one is really full for the pot size. No damage to the plants whatsoever. Only possible negative is I don't see any flower buds, but this cultivar is a late bloomer (bloomed in June at my other house, same zone), so not sure if any buds will develop (? new vs. old wood bloomer) or whether I'll have to wait until next year.

Regardless, definitely worth the price paid (actually, I wouldn't blink an eye at paying more for plants this nice...). I tried to order two more yesterday, but they are sold out. Oh well, maybe next year. :0)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations