SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

when is the latest time to plant roses? May 14 ? what date?

serenasyh
15 years ago

I am currently trying to gather as much supplies (organic fertilizers, organic fungicides, canola sprays) etc., will join the more affordable Rose Society in May, am doing research, clippings, etc. My lot is completely bare ground ever since I dug up my tree roses with nothing in it...and am desperate to fill up the 2 spots with 2 rose bushes instead while I continue to resuscitate my Gemini tree roses... I found 2 types of roses that are supposed to do well in my area, Mr. Lincoln and Peace (according to K-State Research & Education)...that I would love to grow... However, I am worried about time of planting and me being a first-time gardener... The place that I was going to buy from sells bare root stock, so I've done some research on this, but am worried that if it's bare root in terms of timing for blooms, when is the very latest I can plant? I want to be sure to do the right thing-- be adequately prepared instead of my horrible ignorance from before...so that is why I'm trying to get my act together before attempting another planting. Thanks, everyone!

Comments (13)