SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annpat_gw

Some of you may not know this...

annpat
15 years ago

and I want you to, and since hijacking a thread is so abhorrent to my nature, I've been forced to start a one-post thread.

So, did you guys know that about ten years ago a poster to this forum (Jon) proposed to another poster on this forum (Kate)? We all had to wait a considerable time before Kate arrived online, saw the proposal and responded in the affirmative.

But that's not what I wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell you about the compost pile that Kate and Jon turned on their wedding day (Kate in wedding gown and mucklucs) made out of compostable presents their Garden Web and other friends mailed to them from postmarks around the country. One contributor of wedding feedstock sent a huge box of rose petals from California. I sent a small box of lobstershells and seaweed. Someone sent their income tax refund check. A huge pile was made out of the gifts.

But that's not what I wanted to tell you either. What I wanted to tell you was that Julia Child heard about it somehow and also sent a contribution to the Wedding Compost---a banana peel.

Patrick proposed to me online once, but his proposal was an indecent one. With much flowery language, and cruel doublespeak, he led me to the point of almost interrupting him with "Yes! Yes! Yes!" when it was revealed that what he was proposing was that I send him a few pounds of my fabulous, finished compost. What a heel! "Why buy a microherd, when I can get the compost for free?" he must have thought.

Comments (21)