SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orcascove

Rose newbie in need of weed help

Orcascove
14 years ago

Hello everyone. I have inherited a rose garden from the previous owner of my home. It is FULL of weeds and no matter how I try to keep at the pulling, it seems one good rain and there are hundreds more over night. I spend hours out there pulling, and then it rains and poof a bed full again. I have been at this for 3 years, and I am at my wits end. So I have decided the mulch they hauled in must have been loaded with weed seed, so I intend to pull out all the mulch, and try to deal with the weeds in some other way. I normally do not care for use of chemicals but I wonder if there is something that is safe to use around roses. I do not want to harm them and I have no idea what is safe. I have tried to find something searching the internet, but haven't had any luck. I'm looking for a one time wipe out the weeds only kind of deal, and then once it's back to a manageable condition I will keep at the normal weeding for anything new...Anyone out there have any suggestions on how to deal with this problem?

Comments (18)