SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luanne_gw

Other kiinds of pretty than Devoniensis

luanne
15 years ago

Okay, on different days different aesthetics appeal. Here are the competitors from last year. It's raining and somethings are not as fully in bloom as The Devon Rose.

{{gwi:218101}}
Yes Randy, Irene is still my favorite--to really appreciate this rose you must bury your nose in her luscious honeyed fragrance or see her as I did at Vintage on a bush covered with fully opened blooms with dusty orange centers looking like a bush of mandalas. I froze. Had to have her.

{{gwi:249693}}
Clenentina Carbonieri is a luscious little thing without the scent or drama of her more elegant sisters.

{{gwi:222081}}
Belle Storey,the welcome rose that twines so beautifully outside the guest room window.

{{gwi:217169}}
Mme. Gregoire Staechlin is not for those seeking the everblooming rose. She blooms once and exquisitely. Spanish Dancer she is also called. She gave me 3 more blooms in the fall. I was enchanted.

{{gwi:249695}}
More of Belle

{{gwi:217834}}
For those who fail at orchids, I propose the Bishop Darlington,so beautiful growing up a fence with the Belle of Woking soon to bloom.

{{gwi:217053}}
{{gwi:217052}}
Mrs. Lovell Swisher is my calendar Girl,lovely. Scented at 6am on a cool mmorning and not much else.

{{gwi:216937}}
The Violinista Costa--must be the tiny white picotee around the edge of each coral petal shading almost lavendar.

{{gwi:216938}}
A great scent, a bajillion blooms on a healthy plant--what more does your heart desire?

{{gwi:216939}}
Of all the red roses, this is my love, like fine red wine--the scent indescribeable

{{gwi:216941}}
One last of our pretty Bishop.

{{gwi:216944}}
And the daintiest of all roses, Ellen Wilmott. All of these came from Vintage except Crimson Glory from Regan's nursery and Clementina from Sequoia, Ralph More's old nursery.

la

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!