SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rowdy235

Oh Crap (I think)

rowdy235
16 years ago

So I am having some maybe serious problems with my honda riding lawnmower (H3011SA). I was doing some work around the yard today and when I shut it down at the shed to grab my gloves, it was fine. When I cranked it over, it was a different story. It cranked over kind of like it had low compression. It took 5-10 secs of cranking to get it to start, and when it did it seemed to not have a lot of power. For example at WOT it slowed way down when I dropped the clutch in 4th. Normally it barely stutters, this time it was visible. It was also visible there had been a loss of powers when I climbed my hill. I parked it by the shed thinking something had let go in the valve train or something. However, I had loaned my compression tester to my friend. I went out to move it back into the shed, seeing as I wouldn't be able to test the compression, and It started fine, had plenty of power, normal.

So now I'm at a loss. I really don't know if there is any serious problems or what. I'm open to any advice.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions