SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jungleexplorer

Hoop House cooling design help.

Okay, I have built my hoop house frame. It is 20 feet wide by 40 feet long by 12 feet tall. Now I am working on designing the ends. This is where it gets complicated, because I want to design them to include cooling. Now I know the simple answer is just by an evaporative cooler and put it in, but I want to be more creative and economic.

I live in west Texas and it gets hot here, so I need lots of cooling. My idea is to basically create an evaporative wall on one end down low and have some vents at the top of the other end. Theoretically, as the hot air rises it should exhaust out the upper vents which should cause a draw of air through the evaporative wall, creating a natural air flow through the green house. Naturally, I need to install a thermostatically controlled power exhaust fan that would kick on if it got too hot.

What I am wondering is, has anyone here ever done this before? If you have, what I really would like is some pictures of how you built the evaporative wall. I have some ideas on how to build it, but I would like the advice of someone that has already worked out the kinks, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Comments (2)