SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

Bees, honey, and hay fever

strawchicago z5
12 years ago

We have high pollen level today, yet none of us have allergies. It dawned on me that the local raw honey we consumed helped. Too bad I threw the honey-jars in the recycle. I can't find their address to buy more.

It was last summer that I visited the rose park. They had a "Green Fair" with bee farmers selling honey. People were showing electric cars, compost bin, and giving out "green grocery bags", and plastic bags made from corn. I talked to a bee farmer who operates his farm on the edge of a forest preserve. He assured me that his honey is raw, and his bees feed off from the weeds and wildflowers of the prairie. He was selling a large jar for $7. I wish I had bought more.

That fall was the best allergy-free season I had, and it was the best tasting honey I had tried. I once spent over $1,000 on desensitization shots with no luck, and countless prescribed medications. The $7 jars of honey solved my hayfever. I also tried expensive Manuka, Buckwheat, and wildflowers honey from stores with no luck.

So I told my brother, a physician, about my success. To my surprise he already raised bees in his land for raw honey. It solved his family's hayfever. One more reason to go green for the bees.

Comments (14)