SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clavero_gw

Finally - Pics of the new GH

clavero
18 years ago

I've finally compiled and posted pics of the GH I've been working on for over a year now. The better part of 80% of what I learned about GHs; glazing, wiring, controls, etc came from the contributions from the members of this forum!!

Hey, Thanks folks.

The GH was actually an after thought to an entire backyard make over; which sorta helps explain why it is not in the ideal location. I chose a kneewall as much for the look, as the reality that shade from the tool shed is an issue on its south side.

I used redwood framing; not to save money but to end up with a structure that fit the look of the 20's era cottage style house we live in. (The siding on the front of the gh is salvaged from a relocated portion of the house)

I chose Sundance for the white aluminum metal sections, and was mostly pleased with their suggested approach. I purchased 10mm twin wall from a local commerical supplier.

I (finally!!) found a use for the small pile of used brick I had been saving for years by laying a brick floor that slopes to a center drain.

When the whole backyard project is completed, the pavers you see piled up in some of these photos will cover what appears in these pics as gravel walkways.

I'm now waiting for bench top materails from Gothic Arch to complete the benches and then we can move in.

Hope you enjoy the adventure in the photos as much as I've enjoyed the project itself.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: GH Pics

Comments (11)