SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloeasha

Renae vs. Mme Alfred Carriere

chloeasha
12 years ago

Hi all! I have this terrible anti-rose balcony I was considering needed a rose. It's recessed and north-facing (ewww), but outside the railing sees maybe 3 or 4 hours of direct sun in the summer split between morning and evening. If I grew a climber on the railing, it would get that sunlight. The advantage for my situation is the root ball and pot would be shaded from the heat and sun.

It's really ridiculously hot here in the summer and very humid. I'm 7b. This past summer we had about 60 days around the 100*F mark.

I was considering MAC. I've had her before in-ground and it was pretty nice looking at my pictures (I was so enamored at the time with Felicite et Perpetue I remember little else-- that fragrant foliage!!). I've never tried Renae, but it seems it had good reviews. So now I am kind of considering choosing between the two. Any thoughts?

My railing is about 3.5'x12'. I think a climber would be best because of the limited space and sunlight. I'd like fragrance and a re-bloomer because again, limited space... I want to make the most out of it.

Comments (8)