SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anita55_gw

my backyard need suggestions

anita55
17 years ago

Hello, and happy spring to everyone. Hope you all came through the winter and recent storms ok.

I need to perk up my backyard garden. I'm giving you photos to look at with the hopes that you can picture what I can't and tell me what you would do to make it beautiful. Right now there are 2 Rhododendrons, bloom Pinkish purple in June, which are doing well. There are also 2 azaleas which bloom red in the spring. I just put in two hydrangeas last year, which bloomed blue, and they seem to be coming back to life now. They are expected to be about 5 feet(eventually) I think. So, I'm pulling out the rosebush you see, Dr. Huey, and need to put in some perennials that will brighten up and go from spring through autumn if possible.

One thing I notice that the most beautiful gardens I see seem to have lots of plants close together. I seem to plant too few and not close enough together to make it look "finished". Please help me if you can with what might be suitable and where to plant each so they compliment each other. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

More information:

The right side of the garden, between the two rhodies is 10 feet wide, from the wall in the back to the front edge, and 16 feet long, from the left rhododendron right to the low rocks on the right side.

The left side is about seven feet long.

{{gwi:204913}}

{{gwi:204914}}

{{gwi:204915}}

Comments (4)