SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rad7_gw

hfgh 8x6 greenhouse questions

rad7
18 years ago

Hey Folks, been reading and searching this forum for a while and have learned tons of info. What a great site! Just wanted to ask a few questions though.

1)I'm thinking of buying the 8x6 HFGH, at $299.00 what a great price. But I'm hoping to get a 20% off coupon before they go off sale on 4/12/2006. How long does it take them to start sending coupons once you sign up on their website.

2) After seeing another post here, I'm thinking of setting two courses of cement blocks and attaching the GH on top of them. The floor would be pea gravel with a drain underneath it. I would be using it for a few citrus plants I have. In the summer, I was thinking of taking the top panels out and just having the side panels for wind protection of the plants during the summer. Is this feasible. I live on a mountainside and it can get very windy. With the top panels out, will the GH still be sturdy? Or would it be better to get a shade net and leave the panels in. Here in NC it gets above 90 F alot during the summer. What major problems could I have with leaving the panels out during the summer.

3) Has anyone used the HF auto vent opener. Saw one negative post, has anyone else had experience with it. Also has anyone had experience with a juliana vent opener.

Thanks again, for all the postings and any new ones.

Comments (10)