SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

No ID yet but neglected rose needs pruning.

hbwright
12 years ago

I just moved into a new old house and the lady loved landscaping but moved to assisted living a few years ago. There are 2 rose bushes that I'm concerned about. One of them has started flowering but the other only has a few leaves and buds. I didn't think either was flowering until I looked WAY up into the tree on the other side of the fence. The canes if straightened have got to be at least 20 feet tall, and that is probably underestimating. There is nothing in the way of leaves at all that I can see, just these huge yellow blooms. I don't even know where to begin pruning these. I don't see any suckers. My tempation would be to get rid of all the dead looking canes, but honestly they all look dead, just are obviously not. Do I scratch and look for green, get rid of any without green and severely prune down the ones with green? I don't even know how to get the canes down from the tree as I don't think a ladder will fit there. They will just have to hang dead until I can maybe see them enough come winter. I tried taking a picture but honestly it is hard to see in picture the bloom in all the leaves of the tree.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022