SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hiddengarden_gw

32 Outside and 80 inside greenhouse with no heat!

hiddengarden
17 years ago

Hi all! I have some questions again for all you experienced ones:)

Well...My husband put up mylar(aluminium foil looking)astronaunt blankets on the walls to help insulate and reflect light. The day before we put it up we had both heaters running all day to keep the heat up to about 70. Now today I had to shut off the heaters and open all vents and the door to keep the heat from killing my plants! I had went inside for lunch and when I came back out it was 86 degrees and climbing. I thought know problem open vents and run the crap out of the fans. Wrong humdity was still climbing and so was temp. So I had my husband take down a section of the mylar(in my mind I was fearing what the heck it would get up to in here when we had a day of 50 degree weather)and take off the plastic covering one large vent we thought we wouldn't need till spring.

I finally got the temp down to 75 and then the humidity dropped way low. So I wetted down the floors hoping that would help. Didn't work so I thought okay I'll shut the vent again and turn off a fan. Then the heat rose to the 80's again. Grrrrr.

Okay, I know I had seen a picture of someones greenhouse with this on thier walls from here. Any advice out there? Has this happed to anyone else before and what did you do to fix it??

Pulling my hair out in IL:0

Comments (16)