SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scott0470

Read lots, still confused. Greenhouse heating

scott0470
12 years ago

Hello. I am thinking about putting up a Rion Green Giant for some hobby plants and to try some hydroponics. I am looking at the 8 by 16 foot model. I have several questions and was wondering if anyone would be able to send me in the right direction: :)

I live in Northern Pa, barely a zone 4. The location of the house would be such that it would get little or no wind. It would have a south east exposure and gets shaded by a building around 4 pm. Granted, where I live there are relatively few sunny days in the winter anyway...

I was planning to set this on a slab of heated concrete, Pex tubing filled with anti freeze, and tied into my boiler system in the house. I am very familiar with radiant heat but had a few questions about putting it in a greenhouse.

If I maintain the concrete at 80 degrees or so, and the sun comes out, is the air temp going to heat up way past 70 degrees so fast that it opens the vents to cool? I'm just not looking to heat the outside and was wondering how radiant heat would work.

Thanks-Scott

Comment (1)