SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdwidow

Steam cleaning polycarb

birdwidow
15 years ago

We previously discussed this subject several years ago, so this is for those who haven't been here very long and might benefit. I'm posting it now, before another Senior Moment comes along and I forget.

I know it's a bit early in the season for spring cleaning, but I had the opportunity to get to an area in mine this morning that had been inacessable for several years, due to a very heavy 6 ft. long aquarium parked in a corner, set on a low stand.

Needless to say, a lot of algae and other muck got trapped behind it, particularly at the bottom of the polycarb where it meets the sill, so I couldn't pass on the chance to clean it before our son and several other hefty young men moved the tank back into place.

Steam will remove stubborn algae from polycarb without wrecking it, unlike the best of all algae killing products, bleach- which is supposed to be a heavy duty Verbotten anywhere near, let alone left to soak on polycarb, and why I hauled my EuroPro out to the GH to begin with.

While home steam cleaning units don't really put out all that hot of steam, it's enough to melt algae right off just about any waterproof surface, along with a lot of disgusting grime.

Now the bleach will go in the wash along with the pile of the old towels I used to wipe it all away, but that lower corner is as pristine as it was the day we finished the GH.

Happy- "It's Almost Spring, so hang in there"

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths