SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shellywilley

pumpkins

shellywilley
19 years ago

I live in zone 7- if that matters. I laid down black plastic, and have just planted seeds that I saved from a 60 pound pumpkin that I grew in 2000. I'm pretty sure that the seeds are viable, and I'm also happy about my decision to lay down the plastic to grow- it's working real well with my tomatoes and peppers. My question is, is it just too late to start pumpkins from seed here in zone 7? The way our weather has been here- quite cool until this week- I'm thinking that I can grow pumpkins lsrge enough to please the neighborhood kids by Halloween. ( I normally have 7 or 8, which I spend 2 days carving in fanciful ways- and I learned last year that they call me "the pumpkin Lady"- too cool!)

I think I'm not too late because I still have Columbines blooming, when I've never had this after the second week in june.

Any of you with Pumpkin expertise, please email me directly at shellywilley@juno.com. And I thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to making the neighborhood kids happy yet again this year, and will be happy to share this good feeling with you!

Thanks-

Shel

Comment (1)