SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piantini_gw

My new greenhouse...Advice needed!

piantini
16 years ago

Hello all!

My boss just gave me a temporary greenhouse system that you assamble and dissamble very easy by adding some small pipe supports and removable shelves to it. It bring this plastic cover with a double zipper in front. It takes about 2-3 minutes to assamble everything

This system is about 6 feet high (about 4 shelves, 1.5 feet in between) and about 3 feet square.

Now, he claims he never had any success with it, but i am dedicated to proof him wrong!. That might not sound like a right thing to do to your boss, but we both like to garden and we are always in a competition to do better and get the first crops.

Here comes the questions (planting zone 6 & 7 in RI):

1. Time / month / temperature to start using this system outside.

2. How to control temperature inside this system so my plants don't cook or dry out in unexpected 60-80 days.

3. Do i need to unzip this plastic cover once in a while to allow airflow?, and if yes, how to do that if temperatures are cold / cool (early spring of course).

4. Do i need to bring this system inside the house every night to prevent night low temperatures from damaging my plants.

Any advice, comment, experience is well received. I don't know what is the temperature diffence inside this things compare with the outside temperature. Plastic is kind of think.

I am playing safe, i am planning to grow inside with a growing light strong enought for the vegetable stage, in my mothers house (sunroom), and with this system outside. I figure that what are the chances of 3 different methods to fail?.

Thanks in advance all!

John

Comments (3)