SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conifers_gw

Looking to the Future...

conifers
18 years ago

First off, let me say it isn't like I don't have a lot of tools because as one knows, you begin to acquire tools as a result of needing them to do a job.

Better yet, I have a friend who owns every tool known to mankind and is a workhorse and only charges 10 bucks an hour. I call him a little monster because he works so darn hard and fast. He built a log home for himself (it's huge!) by himself in two weeks for example... I just had my kitchen remodeled, it's stunning. The bathroom is next, then a fresh coat of paint on the inside and I have a home with a brand new roof and brand new windows all having been done withing the last two years.

I'm selling and moving to the country. My family friend and handyman told me, don't buy any greenhouse kits, "I can build you anything for half the price or less." My main purpose as is now with my Harbor Freight, is to graft Maples and Conifers and grow my own understock and also to root cuttings...which is probably not-needed information for you guys, but I'll mention it anyway.

I'm not going "gangbusters" but I'm going to have him build something probably 10 or 12 feet long by 8 feet wide by 10 feet tall or so at it's peak with side panels being 8 feet tall most-likely.

What would you guys recommend for paneling, how many vents, any other thoughts?

This may sound funny but I want this thing to "run" itself. Here in the midwest, at least with this Harbor Freight and I suppose other "sunny" winter climates having colder winters, even if the temperature is 0 F outside but sunny...I have my door wide open, my 50% density shade cloth on, fans running, exhaust fans, the whole nine yards...a mister providing continuous cool water misting...and the temperature still reaches 55 (F). Ideally, I need my temperatures at 45-50 degrees. 55 is ok though.

What are your guysis thoughts. My dimesions are negotiable as well as really I don't need the headroom as my work is mainly done at floor level or at bench level and that's it. I'm 5' 7" tall with shoes...

Thanks for your help,

Dax

Comments (10)