SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ourhappyhome1

Newbie question: Walkers Low catmint

ourhappyhome
11 years ago

Hi,
I'm new to the Perennial forum, but not so new to Gardenweb. I wander around here occasionally to see what I can learn.

Fields of lavendar are so beautiful and calming. I Absolutely love them. They are rare here in Georgia however. I did some research and discovered that lavendar is not so easy to grow here in Georgia. Instead, I found Catmint, Walkers Low. What I want are seeds, but since I can't find any, I am comsidering 3inch plants from American Meadows. The problem is the price. They are $9.99 each! Is it me or is that outrageous? I'm desperate though. I will spend the money for a single plant if I have to. The question is, do I have to? Does anyone know of another source for plants or seeds? I am in love with the color, fullness and size of Walkers Low. Plants seem to be covered with blooms and very lush compared to other cultivars. I'd eventually like to have a large border. I was considering 'blue carpet' because seeds are available everywhere, but the plants seem more blue than lavender and that's not what I want. Thank you so much for your help.

April

Comments (34)