SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reads_n_writes

We're moving and we want to take our rocks!

reads_n_writes
18 years ago

We moved to our house almost exactly a year ago and planned to stay here "forever". Well, now my husband got a job offer than he can't pass up and so we'll moving an hour away in the spring. One of the saddest things about it all is that we've been working so hard on our gardens and I've been building dry-stacked raised bed vegetable gardens and have many other plans for the large rockpile gold mine that has been in the back corner of our overgrown orchard for many years. I don't know if I'll ever have another rock pile like it and frankly I want to take it with me when I go! The company that has hired my husband is paying for the move and we can choose our moving company. I know this is probably a long shot but do any of you know of a company that would help us move rocks and boulders to our new location? We may have to pay them seperately for that but it would be nice if a moving company would do such a thing.

Then, of course, we also have the problem of buying land to build on (we'd like to build a variation on the Maple Forest Cottage which incorporates a lot of rocks) and deciding what to do with the rocks in the meantime until we have a landscaping plan (pile them up somewhere?) I know this may not be feasible but I wondered if anyone here has ever faced a similar situation and figured out a way to manage it all.

P.S. I'm the type who makes a weekly visit to nearby construction sites to scavenge for rocks so the thought of leaving any of my big, beautiful rocks makes me want to sob.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County