SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Please, Spring, hurry up.

conniemcghee
13 years ago

Man: I don't know what it is this year, but I have never felt so impatient for spring to arrive. I am so sick of looking at brown and gray. I'm sick of mud, snow and freezing. I am going to have some serious psychological fallout if I don't get a plant fix very soon.

If I could even find a greenhouse or indoor garden to visit, that would be helpful. I just need to touch a few leaves. Really, I could stop there.

The garden centers have nothing now. My favorite one, the one I usually visit several times a week during lunch just because I find it relaxing, is boarded up for the winter. They didn't do that to me last year. Even though there wasn't much there, at least I could visit the few evergreens that didn't sell, waiting to see if maybe they would get marked down.

I have looked at all my plant catalogs and seed catalogs until they are falling apart. If I take them into the tub with me one more time, they will basically disintegrate.

Friday is my birthday, and my mom had the quite brilliant idea to visit the newly-remodeled Opryland Hotel and see their new (indoor) gardens. Yay for moms! This *might* be enough to pull me through until my daffodils bloom.

Anyone else feelin' it?

Comments (21)