SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flyingtimber

Boulder wall erosion

flyingtimber
16 years ago

Hey guys, question. I have two boulder walls on each side of my garage which is connected to the house. The boulder walls are "stepped". First row is about 2-3 feet high. second row about 4 feet back is sloped up to about six feet. Both sides are the same

It's a new construction about two years now. I find that after a good rain, I get sand on the driveway just below the walls. Mostly on the side of the walls that are up to the house/garage foundation. No morter was used, just the boulders.

My contractor did a nice job placing them, Big back hoe. He tamped and tamped. He didn't charge me much at all as like most budgets it's tough to build retaining walls without taking aout another loan. lol Seems very sturdy and strong. Boulders have not moved or shifted. I just started planting some things in between the two tiers.

This erosion is not that impressive, but its more of a nusiance with it on the driveway it's 100% sand. Anything I can do to help stop it? And I am concerned about too much of this erosion over time. As I just keep sweeping it up and ditching the sand. I wonder how much is too much for the stability.

Thanks,

Tom

Seekonk MA

Comment (1)

Sponsored