SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totaln00b

Help! To pour concrete or not to pour concrete??

TOTALN00B
10 years ago

I bought a house with 53 brick and stone raised flowerbeds and nowhere to sit and enjoy them -- just extremely narrow concrete and tile pathways between them. So I'd like to turn one of the large flowerbeds in the sunny center of the yard into a small patio area where I can put a picnic table. The problem is that all of the flowerbeds in the center of the yard are completely overrun with bindweed, so I'm not sure if landscape fabric + crushed gravel + sand will do the trick, or if the bindweed will push its way up along all the edges.

The attached photo is what the back "driveway" looks like, and I'd like to do something similar to keep the original look of the garden, which is important to me. The house came with giant piles of colorful tile that the previous owner, deceased, had collected from around the world. Is there any way to incorporate the tiles in a small (6' x 6') patio without pouring concrete (which I can't imagine being able to do myself, and I'm not sure how difficult it would be for my boyfriend). Any suggestions appreciated!!

link in case embedded image doesn't work

This post was edited by TOTALN00B on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 14:41
Follow-Up Postings:

Post a Follow-Up
Your Name:

Your Email Address:

Zone (optional):

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link:

A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the original poster.
Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum

Comment

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County