SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vgary_gw

Ideas/Suggestions needed for building a Rock/Fossil Garden

19 years ago

Good morning Posters, I generally post in the Tomato/Recipe threads

I have enjoyed your posts on using rocks in your gardens. . Perhaps you may have some suggestions for me. My godson's family is moving to a new house. I plan to help him plant a small garden for some tomatoes, Peppers, radishes, sunflowers, and a few other things; this I have done for several years to enjoy quality time with them. They do not have pets, but the new house they are moving into has two state of the art dog runs with concrete slab and chain-link fence. Although he is only a second grader, he has an amazing knowledge on dinosaurs; he amazes everyone with his knowledge, even the staff trained for the natural science museum Dinosaur exhbit. He is interested in rocks and fossils. I want to nurture his interests!

For sometime I have been collecting a few rocks and fossils; our area of Kentucky has wonderfully exposed seabeds where the creeks and brooks have washed away most of the dirt and grime. I plan to make one of the runs mentioned above into Ian's Rock and Fossil Garden. Would love any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Gary/Louisville

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor