SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annedickinson

Bye-Bye to Babies

annedickinson
15 years ago

Whew... after handing out a few fish at a time last fall and over the summer, I have finally found a home for the last 15 of last summer's baby fish. Thankfully there were no surviving baby fish this summer. I imagine there were so many fish in the pond they found every last one of the eggs and/or baby fish.

I put up a notice at work and someone in another building called me yesterday saying she wanted all of them. I already had them in blue tubs waiting for a taker.

When I delievered the fish to her home (a beautiful log cabin which she and her husband built - nah, I'm not jealous at all!!!) I found a delightful pond, about 800 - 1000 gals. She had built the pond, edged by rock from her property, as a memorial to her mother, whom I knew. So I am very touched that the babies are going to Pauline's Memorial Pond!!!

Good feeling for the end of a long summer of not enjoying my pond. It is clean, only two fish, and this weekend I am going to cover it with a screen and deal with the stream and waterfall in the spring. :-)

Anne

Comments (2)