SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

Would you pull bare roots out and replant? in ground a month-pix

piper101
16 years ago

I know I've asked this before, but I'm contemplating pulling out 2 bare roots I planted a month ago and replanting to sunnier spot. Both in different beds Julio Iglesias in established rose bed was put in hole of rose I didn't like from prev. owner. Didn't know at time shouldn't do this but soil was amended. This B.Root has not changed it's looks AT ALL since was put in ground,,notice tiny shoots that have looked the same the entire time,,not growing not dying.

{{gwi:238985}}

Rest of rose bed, established for comparison

more shade at 10am pix time to the rt,,JIgl toward lft side,end

{{gwi:238986}}

Other B.root planted same day,,angel face (left in pix),,gets more sun,,but look how much better.

{{gwi:238988}}

2nd contemplation: This Zepherine Drouhin,,put in ground month ago,,has a sister ZD (same day planted)that gets little more sun (both purchased - at time,,good for this shady-ier spot,,love the brt pink,,fragrance etc. Since then, I've found this forum),,,Soil amended,,pulled out other rose but feel I got all find hair roots out,,beefed up soil,organically etc),,not as much sun as better looking one. Anyway,,little shoots at time of planting started to wilt,,removed,,left 2 on for experiment - angle cut/wht glue -prob mistake at time?,,see cane darkening,,NOTHING has happened on this rose at all,,,other ZD few feet away,,doing great. Either more sun=thriving??

{{gwi:238989}}

Puny ZD to extreme Rt,,better ZD to extreme Lft

{{gwi:238990}}

What say you all? I purchased JulioI,,fragrance,,interesting stripe etc.,,,ZD for knowledge at time,,color,climber,,frag.

Thanks for advice and baring with me. Nicole

Comments (12)