SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
val_s

Never do this....

15 years ago

This thread is dedicated to any advice you have on something not to buy, not to do or not to try. I'll start with:

Never buy a Frigidaire stove! When we moved here last year we had to replace the stove almost immediately. Now I had a lovely Maytag at our last house that never gave me a minutes grief but hubby wouldn't let me bring it 'cause he said it needed to be sold with our old house.

Anyway, we went to buy a new stove and since we were trying to watch pennies and the Frigidaire did LOOK nice, we decided to go with that. The problem came with the burner grates. Within 3 months they started rusting on the bottom. We took the grates into the place where we bought the stove and they said "well...it's really not our problem because it's aesthetic but we'll help you out 'cause that's just not right".

So they ordered us some new grates (they are heavy cast but it had looked on the first ones like the coating had not been applied to the bottoms and that's where they were rusting) and when they came, they looked just like the old ones so I didn't think they'd last any longer. They didn't. They too started showing signs of rust in a matter of months.

When I went back to the place that sold us the stove, they said there wasn't much more they could do and we needed to contact the Frigidaire company and see what they could do for us. I did. Here's what they said: We're not responsible for rust of any type on our products. It states that in your manual on the next to last page.

I asked her: 1) Why do your grates rust in the first place, I've never had this happen on my other stoves? A) Dunno 2) How would I have known you don't cover for rust if it's in the manual and I can't read the manual before I buy it? A) Dunno 3) Let me talk to a supervisor...NOW! A) M'am..a supervisor is only going to tell you the same thing I have. Have I answered all your questions? Have a nice day.

Never...never...cheap-out and buy a Frigidaire stove.

Have a nice day - Val

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022