SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shootingstar2_gw

Mature sizes in Z-4 for the following list

shootingstar2
16 years ago

I have a large order coming this spring and of course I had it all figured out as to where everyone was going to go but as winter dragged on I must admit I have rearranged them many times in my mind. I think the biggest stumbling block right now is trying to get a handle on mature size both height and width in a colder zone 4 location. Most research sites list hefty mature sizes for much warmer zones. I know that winter dieback & re-growth will keep many of these smaller than they could be in the south. Can any of the good folks here that garden in the colder zones advise on the approx. mature sizes of the following list.

I know the list is long, IÂm sorry, but restraint was sadly lacking last fall. I promise to work on thatÂlol

Double Delight

Mr Lincoln

Ferdinand Pichard

Reine de Violettes

Aloha (1949 Boerner version)

Rosenholm

Brother Cadfael

Christopher Marlowe

Crocus Rose

Crown Princess Margaretta

Heritage

Sharifa Asma

Spirit of Freedom

Banshee

R. Rugosa Alba

Linda Campbell

Mrs Anthony Waterer

Nova Zembla

Roseraie de lÂHay

Blush Hip

Great Maidens Blush

Mme Isaac Pereire

Rose de Rescht

Belle de Crecy

Felicia

Lavender Lassie

Stanwell Perpetual

Deuil de Paul Fontaine

Salet

An estimate on width is just as important as height to me for two reasons. I want to get the spacing as close to "right" as I can for each rose and I also have a section of prime real estate along the east side of the house that also unfortunately has a walkway. So tender babies do well there but is also a good spot for tall gangly ones not bushy fat ones.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Cathy

Comments (11)