SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magdaloonie

Tha Stock Tank Garden, birds and cats

magdaloonie
16 years ago

Less than 3 months ago, I was asking about my goldfish in a 19 gal. tub and now it's come to this....

{{gwi:227751}}
The unknown big pink lily bloomed on a tuesday, of course. At least I can go home for lunch and see it.

{{gwi:227753}}
It's a bit spartan this year but I still have 4 or 5 friends and neighbors who want one now that they've seen mine. Wait till next year!

Thanks for all the help I've gotten getting this together and thanks in advance for all the help I'm going to need.

Now, if anyone has any ideas about what I can put in here for the birds to perch on and get a drink that's far enough from the edge to thwart my feline predators, I'm all ears. Being in such an arid place, all this flowing water is really attracting the birds but they won't use the waterfall. They like to perch on the rim and the kitties hide under the stone benches. I thought about a tomato cage stuck into a milk crate but I'm afraid it'll rust and pollute the water. A dead juniper or cedar might be good but I'd need a permit and a truck to go into the forest. Maybe someone here can think of something simpler.

Vanessa

Comments (10)