SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danyoni

3 cuttings took root with burrito method! Advise needed for next

danyoni
11 years ago

Hello everyone,

After reading the postings in other past threads about the burrito method of propagating (thank you, Kim, your advise was incredibly helpful and gave me the courage to give it a go), I decided to try when I pruned in early January. I took about 60 cuttings, followed the instructions and, though most of them died, I currently have 3 that are leafing out and have decent root systems. It's quite thrilling, actually! One is Our Lady of Guadaloupe, a rose that I really love, and the other 2 are mysteries for now b/c I lost track of some of the roses after I pruned them and so not all of them are identified. But I only used my favorites, so they should be something I will be excited to see!

I think that I would have had more, but somehow I misread the part about how much sunlight the cutting should get and instead of giving them 2 hours of morning sun, I just gave them dappled sunlight. By the time I realized my mistake and moved them to a sunnier spot, most of them were already goners.

In any case, I know that I am supposed to repot them into something bigger now, but my main question is about the amount of sunlight they should be getting once they are repotted. If Kim is reading this or anyone else who knows, please guide me from here.

Thank you to all!
Holly

Comments (6)