SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Roses Arrive Tomorrow - Rain For Days :(

Laurie
12 years ago

My Regan rose order is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Our weather report says rain through Tuesday. Which really doesn't even matter since I work full time, and it isn't like I can take off a day easily during the week to plant roses even if the weather clears up.

So, what do I do now? I may have a small window of opportunity Saturday, but had an appointment in the morning which I can't get out of and I don't even know if the shipment will have arrived by then anyway so it's a moot point.

So, I have a lot of questions!

1. How should I hold the roses in the event it rains for several days in a row? Heeling in seems impossible under these conditions. And again, I can't even take time off most likely to accomplish this. I may be able to get my BF to do it, but not so sure if I trust him to do it without me overseeing - he knows next to nothing about gardening in general.

Would wrapping roots in wet paper and keeping an eye on them work?

2. Once the rain is over, am I able to plant in such wet soil? Or do I have to wait until it dries out a bit?

3. Can we plant in the rain? Well, I mean if it isn't pouring, like if we only get a day with drizzle over the weekend. Heh. Thought I'd ask :P

Thanks for all your help!

Laurie

Comments (13)