SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

new pond - pics and question for buyorsell

angelcub
14 years ago

or anyone else who'd like to help. : ) I'm a long time gardener but a little lost on this edging the pond stuff. I want plants at the edge (outside of the pond) but not sure how to handle the liner. I saw on another post where buyorsell drew a pic of the liner going toward the pond and rocks over the top, tilted up a bit. That seems like a good idea and would allow me to get the plants close to the pond. But my question is what to do about the liner where the plants will be? I'm a little nervous about cutting it back any more than we already have. So how do I hide it? Just place more rocks in front of the plants? Any advice or pics would be helpful and very appreciated.

Here are a few pics of the pond so far. These pics are from a couple of weeks ago. We've cut the liner some more and have added rocks under the falls and some on the shelves. The water is no longer clear - haha, but you knew that would happen. : )

{{gwi:227169}}

Still not sure about the barrel with the falls. Maybe I'll like it more with plants surrounding it. We did paint the inside black and it looks better. And the beach area looks too big for the size of the pond. Go ahead and critique - you won't hurt my feelings.

{{gwi:227170}}

{{gwi:227171}}

{{gwi:227172}}

No fish yet. I know I need more plants. Must go shopping. : ) We're on the northern slopes of the San Gabriels, about a mile high, so the temps are on the cool side most of the time. My WH have barely multiplied. No shortage of rocks, though, courtesy of the San Andreas fault.

Diana

Comments (10)