SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kyponder

Ideas on how to get snake out of my pond? (long post)

kyponder
16 years ago

Ok...before you guys go off on me about wanting to kill this snake...understand I don't want a snake in my pond. My pond is right next to my house! I will try to find him a NEW home...I promise...OK? But, I have to catch him first. Is there a trap that could work in the pond w/o catching my fish? (I sure don't want him eating my fish or frogs) I don't think he is poisonous. I've done my research and I think he is either a Northern water snake or a Hognose snake...both are very common here in KY. He is small and fits easily in the cracks of my rocks..YIKES. (yes my pond is rocked..big time...guess that's another pro for the rock-less ponds) When we try to catch him (with the net) he slips into a crack. How will I ever get him? I know...if you build it they will come...but I was really hoping snakes would NOT be a problem. We are having a drought right now and I'm sure he was seeking water. I doubt he is gonna leave on his own...why would he?..he has everything he needs. I just don't want him bringing his brothers, sisters, cousins,etc. I am not fond of snakes obviously...but I am am an animal lover...so don't start fussin' at me...k? And yes...I guess I am a little defensive...I've read some other posts on here about snakes and some of you guys can get a little fussy...GEEZ. So cut me a little slack here guys. :) Thanks in advance!!

{{gwi:226744}}

Mr. Snake is living in the main pond to to the right of the bridge!

{{gwi:227133}}

Here is the main pond. SEE I HAVE LOTS OF ROCKS!!! (sorry about pic quality...took with my phone)

{{gwi:227138}}

Just in case I'm wrong and this snake is poisonous...I can't let my babies (Happy & Oscar) get bit...they love to drink out of the pond!!

{{gwi:139244}}

And...just for fun...thought you guys might enjoy seeing my "Pot-Man". I built him myself, from real clay pots!

*Amy*

Comments (16)