SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Seedlings turning yellow

bethnorcal9
16 years ago

Well, my 12 OP seedlings are growing on nicely, but all of a sudden the lower set of leaves on several of them are turning yellow. My husband tells me I'm overwatering. I'm wondering if it's from the water-soluble fertilizer I spray on the leaves every few days. It's Green Light's Super Bloom 12-55-6. One of the plant's leaves look almost like they're sunburned tho (the third pic - but it's hard to see). I have these guys in the kitchen window with natural light during the day. And from dusk til about 11:00PM I have a 75watt full spectrum light hanging a couple feet overhead.

These pics aren't as clear as I would've liked, but maybe you can see how the lower leaves are yellow. The new growth is ok.

{{gwi:233078}}

{{gwi:233079}}

{{gwi:233080}}

{{gwi:233081}}

On a lighter note, I stuck the mini greenhouse starter that still has a bunch of the seeds that hadn't come up yet, outside a couple weeks ago... and dang if there aren't two new ones sprouting up. Plus there was one that the leaves died on, and there's just a green stem sticking up. I figured it would've died by now, but, it's still green and I'm wondering if it will resprout new leaves. That would be cool!!

I hope these babies all make it. I'm dying to see the first blooms.

Comments (4)