SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

Well, it finally happened.....

daniellalell
14 years ago

I dont know how many of you read about Frodo the Bullfrog eating my baby painted turtle? I was going to get rid of him..but he doesnt seem to be bothering any fish, the vote was 3 against 2 for him staying, so i say OK we'll let him stay..I'm such a sucker. I know, I know..its only a matter of time right? Well...

This morning about 5:30 I go outside to take some flower pix. I hear a ruckus like you wouldnt believe at the pond. I look, but its too dark to really see anything.

I go back a little while later to find this....

{{gwi:225672}} {{gwi:225673}}

I think...he ate...a bird. Poor lil innocent thing was prob just sticking his head down to drink..little did he know, there was a predator lurking right beneath him..under the rock ledge..the water is low cuz I have to do a lil repair today..There was a chunk of feathers..a few free floaters..but obviously he either ate the bird, or there is half naked bird trying to fly around the neighborhood, lol.

He was smirking at me, I'm sure...with his belly looking awfully fat..just as it did after the turtle went missing.

Fine with me, as long as its not one of my fish! He can eat anything he wants BUT my fish!

Such is life...as I just was explaining to my daughter last night..while discussing a cicada killer that was flying around us, she loves cicadas and wanted to kill the cicada killer..lesson of the night; things need to eat! ya think the cows like that we eat them? but dang arent those cheeseburgers & steaks GOOD! lol

Comments (7)