SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delaney276

Making A Tough Decision

delaney276
15 years ago

Ponders...I've been tossing around a few ideas here lately...With all the information you folks share in here, it makes for a tough decision at times on what is or isn't the best selection...After looking through years of information I have decided to move my pond..I'm going to move it back to where I had my little 100 gallon insert when I started ponding 5 years ago..It was nice also to just go out the back door walk a few steps and look at the pond...Now I have to walk clear to the back of my property to enjoy it..which isn't that big of a deal but it just isn't the same..The most of the day sun has had me fighting all summer with green water..although it is starting to clear now...I think this is the best decision..I will have shade on 3 out of the 4 sides of the pond area..with a 40' pin oak..and almost 5 20' Leyland Cypress trees..Plus I'm going to add a stream coming from a gravel bog type filter with possibly a skippy style in the mix also...I will take pictures as I build my new pond and keep you updated..so if you don't hear from me for a while you'll know what I've been doing...So wish me luck as I build my poor mans style pond with a stream..(limited budget...lol too many kids)..Pond construction will start this week...Hope to have water flowing by the end of September..I'll be doing all the work by myself and by hand..I'm hoping to use the 20' X 24' pond liner that I have now..The pond I have now is just barely a year old...also with this stream being added, I've heard you need 7 ripples to make the water pure? I just heard this tonight....anything to it? Well I hope everyone is doing good...and once again thank you for all the information....Happy Ponding!! Dave

Comments (9)