SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karla316_gw

OMG!!! I Cannot Believe This!!!! Grrrrrr!!

15 years ago

I have worked so hard on my first pond, despite hubby's thinking with the economy it's a waste of money, therefore, I've cut corners as much as possible! The pond itself is our old mesh satellite dish that we layed in the hole he dug for me and then covered it with an ordinary tarp! I learned after 2 pumps/filters to get a "good" one, so I did splurge somewhat on that and got a Pond Master! I've been buying water plants as you know by all the questions I ask about planting them! lol I've put 3 fish in there....nothing expensive....a Black Moor, Calico Shubukin (sp?) and another Calico that is a Fantail Shubukin!

Everything has been going great until the other night one of my nephews obviously knocked one of the bigger rocks around the edge into the water! They didn't mention what they had done, so I didn't even notice until the next day because it was dark by the time they left the night before! I thought I'd be smart and try to get the rock out myself, which was a HUGE mistake! Because the pond is the satellite dish, the deepest part is in the middle, and that's where everything goes, including my one foot/leg that I had in the water! I slipped and did the splits like I probably haven't done since grade school! LOL I'm 42 years old, on the overweight side and have 2 steel rods in my back from a car accident years ago that broke my spine, and I had NO business even attempting that on my own! I didn't get hurt, but thank goodness my son happened to come around the corner when he did because he had to help me out! And, of course, I got a lecture from him about waiting on him to do it, blah, blah, blah! He's 17, and I'm 42...aren't I the one that's supposed to be doing the lecturing???

Okay, sorry to go astray, but either the rock that fell in, myself falling in or both has punctured the tarp in some way because my water level seems to be going down! Can you believe that??? I WANT TO JUST CRY!!!! My question is what does everyone else use and/or recommend using for a liner? And, if a regular pond liner is the best way to go, where's the cheapest place to buy one? They are quite pricey!

I'm so sorry this is long, but I knew this place would be the only place I'd receive any sympathy! Everyone here at home thinks I'm just nuts! lol

Here's hoping to tomorrow being a better day! :-)

Comments (8)