SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleepy33

Opinions on arrangement-mixed containers

sleepy33
13 years ago

Hey all,

I have mentioned to you regulars before that I am growing some flowers for mixed containers for my friend's wedding. Well, the day is fast approaching, and I'm seeking some opinions on how I should group/arrange the flowers within the large pots. I have: dwarf zinnia, dwarf sunflowers, dwarf snapdragon, pansies and alyssum. Obviously, the alyssum will be used as filler for the most part. The bride isn't much of a gardener, and she's pretty ambivalent about the arrangement. I'm trying to decide if I should do some of each flower in each container, or do some different combinations. The containers will be 7 gallon nursery tubs, about 14" in diameter. The zinnias are, so far, the largest plants, with 2 of those very much filling the 1 gallon pots they are in now. Opinions, please, on how I should combine them, and how to arrange them within the container, ie tallest in the center, etc. Oh, and the varieties, in case anyone wants to look at colors, are zinnia magellen, snapdragon frosted flames, sunflower paquito and choco sun, and...blanking on the alyssum and pansy varieties right now, but I can check them later. Thank you for any input!

Comments (9)