SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frogman4_gw

waterplants slowly dieing !

frogman4_gw
15 years ago

I have one pond that has been in operation for two months only baby gold fish 1000 gallons. Waterlilies are blooming like crazy and all water plants are doing fair to good, no suspended algae. Larger pond 7000 gallons, 4 weeks old, only six comets and the lilies are pathetic one bloom on 7 plants one started to grow and died,the rest are hardly sending any new pads up, floating heart has shrunk to about one third of what I first started with and the blooms are almost stopping. Water Hyacinth three plants not dividing looks sad. Water lettuce growing dividing but pale color but I attribute that to too much sun. Constant algae bloom for two weeks .

Why the difference both have high phosphate levels around 5 but the PH level in the 7k pond is over 8 compared to the 7.5 in the 1k pond. All fish are healthy but I hate to lose the waterlilies and floating heart. The last week they have been going down hill fast. I do understand the waterlilies prefer a PH of 7.5 or less but would this high PH be that detrimental. Also all waterlilies were fertilized with Jobe spikes when they were added to the pond.

Any ideas ????

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions