SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

Filter for hole in the ground soon to be pond (pic)

angelcub
14 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm hoping some of you won't mind giving your opinions on filters/skimmers for our soon to be pond. I've search and read as much as I can but I'd really just like to know what you would buy for a pond our size. It's going to be around 1200 gal. with a sloping beach area. We won't have koi but maybe a few goldfish and lots of plants. It's 2' deep, maybe a little more in the middle.

DH has been reading about Pondmaster filters and thinks we should get one. I thought I read on here that many of you like that brand. Is that true? Also, what brand skimmer do you recommend? We don't want to build a skippy.

And what do you think about using the wine barrel for a waterfall? We have plenty of native rock (north side of the San Gabriel mtns. here) but we want to do something in keeping with our cottage style gardens. Has anyone done something like this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of the "hole". The nepeta on the left has been moved since I took the pic and that area slopes back and is deeper now. We'd like to keep the Vitex next to the wine barrel. I'm hoping we can fit the liner around it.

{{gwi:221909}}

Thanks!

Diana

Comments (8)