SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleintegacay

Ashdown Moving Day update

15 years ago

Hey y'all!

It is now February so it is time to bring you guys up to date with what's going on at Ashdown. I'm not sure if you've heard or not but Paul has decided on another site to relocate the nursery. The way he's described it it sounds like a perfect spot. That's the good news. There is a bit of a downside......the new property is not quite ready for planting. Paul and friends are now doing some serious clearing of brush and stuff and it won't be ready for the projected moving day of the 14th.

What Paul would like to do is change the actual moving day to a time in a month or so in order to make sure the new land is ready. For those of you interested and for those who have taken time off or made plans to travel around the 14th Paul has said that there is plenty to do at the old nursery. Here are his words:

We need help cutting back, tagging, hand lifting and potting smaller plants etc, etc. Then rose moving day itself will be moved to a date to be determined probably towards the end of March.

I will be at the nursery on the 14th to help out and meet any of y'all that decide to come. I'm thinking it will be a day much like the Dirt Days they have out at Vintage. Please let me know if you think you might be there.

What I would like now is suggestions on how we handle lunch that day. Working people need food. Should we bring something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

And for those of you who haven't heard......Paul & Trish are now blogging and there is lots of good info about the progress of the new nursery is going. Here's a link:

http://ashdownroses.blogspot.com/

Carole

Comments (7)