SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

Help me please..Fish , New pond..how deep??

daniellalell
15 years ago

Hi, I am in NJ..zone 6b upgraded to Zone 7 couple years ago. I am going to install a new pond as my existing ones are only 18" deep. I want my fish to survive the winter in the new pond, but don't how deep to make it. My liner is 16x18. Trying to come up with a design. Can't decide if I want another seperate one with this liner, or if I should just add on to what I have already so I won't really be having to start from scratch again with cycling, etc. Would 30" deep be OK?

I am so confused now, my head just can't take any more math right now. Here is my design so far. Think I can do this with my size liner? According to my orig calculations I could..but then things started changing while I was sketching, lol.

Here's my sketch so far, I scanned it. I is on graph paper, each square equalling 6", but the graph paper lines didn't show up when it scanned.

{{gwi:220913}}

I plan on putting plants around it, moisture loving plants in the trench.

BTW the trench is 6" deep, 3" above ground level, so the lip is 3" above ground level, but 6" deep into the pond.

I hope I'm not being confusing.

Supposedly this liner can make a 9x11x2. But I didn't think 2' was deep enough for overwintering fish in. I have 6 goldfish and 1 baby Koi. So I tried to design it 12x8..is that good or no? Should I make it 10x7?

Sorry, I wanted to post a new thread about the design and liner question..o well, 2 birds with one stone I guess.

Can anyone please help me out with some advice/help?

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Daniella

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath