SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carenome1

yet another mystery shrub

carenome1
16 years ago

i have a friend who has a very large (5') plant in her garden. she vaguely remembers it being called a 'swamp hydrangea'. it has huge heart shaped leaves and blooms this time of the year with very large (1') umbrel-like hot pink flowers. while i think it resembles a very bushy eupatorium with larger leaves, she swears it's a form of hydrangea (she can't find the tag). i have checked out eupatoriums also with no success. i can find no reference to a swamp hydr. anywhere. this baby is gorgeous and i was thinking of getting one for my front garden ... BUT! there is some evidence that it may be a garden thug ... she claims that it sends out runners up to 15 to 20 feet away. i have never heard of a plant suckering so far. i was thinking that it is really just seeding itself. anyway, if you give me an email address, i can send you some photos of it and we can solve this mystery.

i would love to upload a peg file, but the system will not accept it right now. perhaps is you email me i can send one to you.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting