SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missmygardens

Feeding Seedlings-Help Needed

MissMyGardens
15 years ago

This is quote from FAQs:

"If you've used a soilless mix, begin fertilizing 4-5 days after germination with a water-soluble 15-30-15(or similar ) fertilizer at half the recommended strength,and weekly thereafter. I've had good results with fish emulsion and seaweed extract at recommended rates,for those interested in growing organically."

I've got unopened Bonide Fish Emulsion from last year that's only "2-4-.05" and I'm wondering if I should get a soluble fertilizer that's the recommended "15-30-15" (or 2-4-2) on Fish Emulsion or other soluble fertilizer?

Get new fertilizer or use what I've got even though it's not recommended ratio of nutrients?

I'm leaning toward getting a new bottle with recommended nutrient ratio as I've got a LONG way to go to get these newly germinated seeds to grow into healthy plants and these need to be fed today.

Recommendations/opinions highly appreciated.

I'm a nervous wreck over these seedlings. Already had some seedlings in a 9 pack damp off with little white "cotton ball" at base of tiny stem. Didn't want to take a chance with other seedlings in/around pack so tossed whole pack. Going to plant last 6 Agastache Purple Pygmy seeds today and hope fungus wasn't seed borne. More likely some error on my part with moisture or something but ordered another pack of seeds from commercial vendor instead of Ebay vendor where I got original seeds.

Thanks for your help!

PS...I know it's not agreed upon by all but I've been watering with 5% Hydrogen Peroxide water solution. Guess I have to drop that solution when adding fertilizer to water. No other damping off with other seven "9 packs" in same tray.

Comments (2)