SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abedarby

Austin madness! faves, new additions and Pickering or DAR?

abedarby
14 years ago

New to the forum--have to write since I can't wait for spring but it is still too wintery to actually get out there and do anything about it--So hello to all!

I am putting in 31 new Austin roses, from both Pickering and DAR in TX this year and am curious if others have experience with those on my 'new' list below and which Austins are your favorites?

I'm also wondering if people have noticed a difference in performance of Austins that come from Pickering vs David Austin as I guess they come on multiflora and Dr. Huey rootstock respectively. I've managed to get Austins from both places to grow okay in my gardens previously but don't have enough attempts to say whether vendor/rootstock matters significantly.

I'd also love to see any pictures people have of the varieties that will be 'new' to my garden!

New additions: Jude the Obscure, Falstaff, Brother Cadfael, A Shropshire Lad, Ingenious Mr. Fairchild, Tea Clipper, Lady of Megginch, Carding Mill, Jubilee Celebration, Harlow Carr, The Mayflower, Pat Austin, Teasing Georgia, Evelyn, Young Lycidas, Strawberry Hill, Huntington Rose/Alan Titmarsh, Alnwick Rose, Grace, Noble Anthony, The COuntryman, Munstead Wood, Princess Alexandria of Kent, Christopher Marlowe, James Galway, Crown Princess Margareta

Current collection (I'll put some pictures up from last season if I can figure out how): Abraham Darby, Gertrude Jekyll, Lady Emma Hamilton, Molineux, Mary Rose, Mary Web, Pegasus, Golden Celebration, Graham Thomas, Will Shakespeare 2000, Tamora, LD Braithwaite

Thanks for indulging my cabin fever/itch to get to gardening this season already!

Comments (3)