SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
umpkin

Cold Frame - Will this work?

umpkin
16 years ago

First off, thanks for all of the wonderful advice and research the forums have provided.

My husband is building me a small 9'x 3' cold frame. I am installing a auto vent (Harbor Freight greenhouse vent - thanks to advice from this board) and will supplement heat overnight with a small ceramic heater (with a thermostat). I figure I will have the cooling during the day taken care of with the the vent, and the extra cool nights we have here in New England taken care of with the heater we will turn on in the evenings. The location of the cold frame will have about 10+ hours of sun a day - there is no shade in this location.

I am starting the seedlings indoors and will move to the cold frame once germinated. I am growing herbs, tomatoes and peppers.

Will this work? Is there any additional advice you can provide? I am actually very excited about this process as this is something I have been looking forward to for a while - growing the plants from start to finish myself. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment (1)